A refreshing and easy low sugar green juice for the summer, great for a mild detox and rich in potassium, vitamins B, C and anti-inflammatory and low in sugar.
Month: August 2017
Apart from practicing other ways of detoxifying your body, you can also include some food in your daily salad. Along with nutrition, rocket is peppery and has chlorophyll, aiding liver detoxification. Radish is rich in vitamin C, folates, and riboflavin, thus helping the liver […]
I made this recipe for lunch, with the little leftover vegetables that I had in the fridge. I was craving something zesty and fresh and this chili and lime “salsa” was absolutely perfect. The celery, cucumber, lime and chili are a perfect combination for a little side salad, aiding the natural detox process.
Salmon with lime & chili salsa
A zesty and fresh recipe for the Summer, great to aid our body natural detoxification process.
By: Claudia Armani
- 1 salon fillet
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/3 cucumber
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- a bit of mild green chili
- a sprinkle of fresh lime
- a sprinkle of olive oil
- 2 lemons slices
- Step 1 Cooke the salmon fillet in a non-stick pan with a sprinkle of olive oil and the two slices of lemon.
- Step 2 In the meantime wash the vegetables, slice them finely and put them in bowl.
- Step 3 Season with a sprinkle of olive oil and lime juice.Serve and enjoy!
Are you looking for more salmon recipes? Why not having a look at my delicious gluten-free “Salmon, spinach & strawberries quinoa salad”
I am always o the lookout for low sugar and possibly gluten free breakfast ideas, and if you read my “4 common mistakes healthy people do” you might know that many of the pre-prepared cereals or muesli option on the market, (yes even some […]
When I speak with my clients I often hear many common mis-conceptions about healthy eating habits. Here are 4 of the most common mistakes and my advice on how to overcome them. Tall lattes. “Lattes” have become very popular in recent years. Many have chosen “healthy” […]
A summer variation on the classic Middle Eastern dish. Gluten-free and packed with deliciously healthy fresh vegetables, this quinoa tabbouleh recipe is perfect as an accompaniment of meats, ideal for a packed lunch, or great o its own as a starter or healthy snack.
I often prepare this recipe when I teach around lunchtime and in the evenings, so I have something healthy and most of all nutritious, to snack on when I am back home. Quinoa is a “superfood” which means that is one of those foods that exceptionally packed with nutrients, including a complete essential amino-acids count.
Rocket, tomatoes and cucumber are ingredients that are so easy to find, and I am sure many of you will have some leftovers to use up.
Perfect for a healthy lunch box to bring to the office, or as accompaniment to some meats, this gluten-free variation on the famous Mediterranean recipe, will keep light and full for long.
By: Claudia Armani
- a bowl of quinoa
- a handful of rocket leaves
- 1 medium tomato
- half of a cucumber
- extra virgin olive oil
- a dash of lemon
- sea salt to taste
- Step 1 Finely cut the rocket leaves, wash and cut the tomato and two third of the cucumber in small pieces, and put them in a bowl with a bit of sea salt.
- Step 2 For the dressing: put the left over cucumber in a blender with a little water and a dash of lemon juice.
- Step 3 When the quinoa is cooked, put it in the bowl with the rest of the vegetables, pour the dressing and add a little of olive oil. Stir and eat!
For more quick, easy and delicious gluten-free recipes you can check out my Zataar & turmeric rice.
I love smoked haddock, for its great taste and versatility. This tasty recipe for the summer brings a hint of Mediterranean flavor to it with mint and lemon. The millet flour is gluten-free and delicate perfect for not overpowering the haddock taste. I din’t manage […]
Walnuts add some crunchiness and healthy fats, with a taste that goes perfectly with the Grana Padano cheese and balsamic. I would recommend to buy wild rocket if possible, as it tends to be the tastier and greenest. My favorite choice is the one sold at […]
A lovely and extremely versatile recipe, that can be used in a number of different ways. It can be made in advance and frozen, making it even more convenient and a time saver. Delicious, rich in fibers and a nice variation from the usual side dishes. Great with fish, as a starter or as an option for cold buffet.
Courgettes & pepper summer salad
An easy and convenient summer salad, rich in fibers and great as accompaniment to fish, as a starter or cold buffet.
By: Claudia Armani
- 2-3 courgettes
- 2 yellow peppers
- a bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- A dash of balsamic
- Sea saltt to taste
- Step 1 Wash the vegetables. Cut the courgettes and the pepper, put them in a roasting tin with some olive oil, sea salt and 2 garlic cloves. let them roast in the oven for 25 min.
- Step 2 When they are ready let them cool down and place them in a bowl. Add the chopped parsley, sprinkly with olive oil, a dash of balsamic, a pinch of salt and serve. Yummy!