Another recipe perfect for this cold weather. The anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory & decongestant properties of chili, garlic and ginger, combined with the nutritious green powerhouse of kale, make this simple recipe the perfect side to an omega 3 rich fish fillet, like salmon or mackerel, but you can try it also with some meat or prawns.
Chili, ginger & garlic kale.
A simple, yet powerful recipe, that combines the nutritious properties of kale, with the antibacterial & anti-inflammatory properties of garlic, ginger and chili.
- 1/2 packet of kale
- 2 garlic cloves
- a dash of chili flakes
- a bit of ginger
- a sprinkle of olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Step 1 Wash the kale, and remove the big stalk ( unless you buy the ready cut version), and place it in a steamer to steam for a 4 min.
- Step 2 In the meantime, place the garlic (peeled), chili, and peeled and finely cut ginger, in a on-stick pan with the olive oil.
- Step 3 Let the herbs, flavor the oil at low heat for 1 min, then add the steamed kale. Let it wilt in the pan for other 4-5 min.
- Step 4 Serve with some oily fish fillet, or to add to a vegetable stir fry.
- Step 5 Make sure you taste the dish to make sure that the balance between the ginger ad chili is right for your palate, they are both very hot!