A healthier take on the typical English breakfast, great for a weekend brunch. The bacon has been substituted with the yummy Serrano ham, and the eggs are accompanied by some deliciously green garlic and chili spinach.
The idea is also not to fry, but gently wilt the spinach for a few minutes only, to retain flavor, nutrients and not to burn the oil.
Likewise, a thin Serrano ham slice will give lots of flavor without loading on empty calories. I would advice to accompany all with a slightly toasted rye & wheat sourdough bread slice.
Ready in 15 min
Ingredients (serves 1 person)
- 2 medium eggs
- a packet of baby spinach ( 70gr)
- 1 slice of Serrano ham
- 2 garlic cloves
- a tiny bit of flaked chili peppers
- extra-virgin olive oil
- half slice of rye & wheat sourdough bread
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper ( optional)
- In a medium pan put the garlic, chili and a sprinkle of olive oil. Bring to heat, and then take off the hob and allow the spice to release the flavor into the oil without burning it. Place back on the hob, and add the spinach.
- Let them wilt for a few minutes at a low/medium temperature. In the meantime in a smaller pan sprinkle some olive oil, bring to heat and add the ham slice until crispy.
- Add the eggs and let them cook for a few minutes. Serve together with the slightly toasted bread. Enjoy!
Healthy tip it would be lovely to add some homemade freshly squeezed orange juice to add some vitamin C and other nutrients, but watch those sugars!