A vegan & gluten-free super quick but comforting recipe ready in less than 10 min! Pestos are are really easy to make and a great way to use up your leftovers. There is no need to buy the shop made ones that are going to […]
Lots of green and purple goodness and vegan proteins with this easy quinoa salad, great for a light lunch, side or healthy luchbox, and great for the whole family. Radish is great to help liver detox, green beans bring lots of fibers for gut health, whilst purple sprouts […]
A gluten-free and vegan autumnal recipe, delicious, super easy to make and ready in 15 minutes! It is perfect for those chilly nights in, when you want something comforting but don’t feel like cooking, and it is a great addition for dinner party, for those last minute vegan and gluten-free friends.
Polenta is gluten-free and can be ready in only few minutes ( if you use the brand that I recommend below) so it great to have in your kitchen cupboard. It is fancy enough to be used in more sophisticated recipes to impress your friends for dinner, but humble enough to used a substitute to mash potatoes, to accompany stews ad sauces.
Polenta is basically a type of corn flour, originally from northern Italy. The good point is that once cooked it really fills itself with water, meaning that you can to use a small quantity for single serving. The downside is though it has very little fibres and a higher GI ( similar to that of white potatoes).
Healthy tip. Make sure you add lots of vegetables or a proteins rich sauce to lower its sugar release. Eat in moderate quantities.
Polenta with mushrooms & crushed walnuts
A vegan, gluten-free, autumnal recipe, perfect for a comforting meal in or dinner party.
By: Claudia Armani
- Ingredients (serves two)
- 50 grams of ( precooked) polenta (Polenta valsugana)
- 1 packet of brown mushrooms
- 1/2 a carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 walnuts
- Extra-virgin olive oil-
- a bit of organic stock cube ( kalo)
- Step 1 Wash and slice the mushrooms, and place them in a small non-stick pan, with a little of olive oil and the garlic and carrot chopped up.
- Step 2 Let them cook adding a small amount of water and a tad of crumbled stock cube.
- Step 3 In the meantime cook the polenta according to the packet instructions. You will have to stir it continuously, but only for 3 minutes, so it is possible.
- Step 4 When the polenta is ready place it in a serving plate, add the mushrooms and crushed walnuts. Enjoy!
A super delicious juice that will satisfy even those that are new to whole juicing thing. Pineapple, is not only juicy and delicious, but is brimming with nutrients and enzymes, whilst the rainbow chard is a great substitute for spinach and kale, and a super […]
When we reach the colder season it is natural to start craving warmer and more cooked meals. This turmeric chickpeas & kale stew is comforting enough but extremely easy and quick to make. Rich in soothing spices, this stew is a perfect vegan meal choice […]
A refreshing and easy low sugar green juice for the summer, great for a mild detox and rich in potassium, vitamins B, C and anti-inflammatory and low in sugar.
Green apple & cucumber juice
A refreshing a low sugar and green juice for the summer
By: Claudia Armani
- 1 granny smith apple
- a piece of organic cucumber ( 2 inches)
- a small quantity of ginger
- a dash of lime juice
- Step 1 Cut the cucumber, ginger and apple into pieces ( remove the skin of the apple and ginger first), and juice.
- Step 2 Add the lime juice and serve!
An homage to the English garden and weather, with this summer soup. It is super easy to do, perfect for the whole family. You can make it advance and freeze it and use it as a starter or main meal. It is packed with gut […]